Archive for the ‘Employees’ Category
We have prepared a few do’s and don’ts for this year’s holiday office party:
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times.
- Dress appropriately.
- Keep conversation positive and light.
- Wear name badges the right side.
- Avoid controversial conversations and debates.
- Only bring a guest if the invitation specifies you can bring one.
- Drink in moderation.
- Be sure to carry beverages in your left hand; this leaves your right hand free for handshakes.
- Thank the host before you leave.
- Eat and speak at the same time.
- Have too many drinks.
- Discuss work matters at the event.
- Over indulge in food; have a small bite to eat before the party.
- Arrive too late or miss the holiday party.
- Answer phone calls or text messages unless it is an emergency.
- Become the subject of the highlight story from the party
We hope these tips are helpful during this holiday season. For more protocol and etiquette tips contact Protocol International today!
1. Make Introductions Introducing new hires to their new colleagues and helping them to understand your company values goes a long way in solidifying workplace friendships and positive team relationships that lead to full engagement and retention. Give your new hire a brief intro to the team they’ll be joining, and get those relationships started off on the right foot.
2. Send flowers or welcome gifts This strategy may seem excessive, but a good way to communicate your company culture and set a precedent for how you treat employees. And no one can deny that sending flowers would leave quite an impression!