December 23rd, 2017
Christmas…… the special time when we cherish the gift of giving. This holiday gives us the opportunity to show our appreciation to loved ones through gifts to brighten their Christmas. Not only are the receivers of the gifts anxious about what’s under the wrapping paper, but the gift givers are also anxious to see the reactions of the recipients, if the gift was a hit or miss. The givers are hoping they made the right decisions with gifts they picked especially for you.
Although it’s the thought that counts when it comes to gifts, we’ve all been in a situation where we may have not been too pleased with a gift we have received.
Here are a few things to keep in mind
- If gifts are sent to you via mail, be sure to let the giver know when the gift arrives.
- Always read cards first! Reading the card first shows that you are connected to the emotional aspect of your gift.
- Make sure children unwrap all of their gifts before they start to play with a certain gift.
- Be sure not to ask receivers if they like the gift you gave.
- Do not ask where someone bought a gift.
- Never let someone know you don’t like the gift they gave you.
- Be sure not to put a gift in a box from a store where it wasn’t bought.
- Remove price tags from gifts before giving.
- Have a sense of gratitude for every gift you receive.
Remember, the holidays are a joyous occasion to be spent with family and friends and not just centered on gifts. It’s an overall time to be merry while enjoying the season.